Category: Physical Therapy
Injuries are a part of our lives, but there is no reason to make it an impediment. One should always be ready to bounce back and face the challenges. Medications are often recommended by doctors for the pain but, if one is to get any long term relief, they need to be treated appropriately, so physiotherapy is the best option for that. After all, it works the bones and muscles and helps it to go back to its previous form.
Here are ten reasons to help you try out physiotherapy,
1. Sports injuries: Sportsmen are born fighters but some injuries can be so major that it can threaten their career. Trying out physiotherapy helps to relax the bones and muscles like few other things can and allows the person to achieve mobility much faster.
2. During Pregnancy: Since women have to change their postures drastically over the course of a few months and the additional weight often plays havoc with their lower back, it is best to try out physiotherapy to relive the pain, without having to take any medicines that might be harmful for the baby.
3. Weight management: So many of us have insecurities with our bodies and are fighting with weight issues. Physiotherapy can relax and work the muscles much more when regular exercises seems to fail. It also improves digestion, and helps to assimilate the food better rather than allowing it to be stored in the body as fat.
4. Chronic Pain: There are lots of pain that are often unaccounted for. We blame it on old age and arthritis and other unexplained factors. Instead of opting for unnecessary medicines, physiotherapy exercises have been known to provide long standing relief in most cases.
5. Before or after surgery: Certain musculoskeletal issues have to be taken care of before a surgery, or after it for quick and efficient recovery. Physiotherapy is the best option to do it, without having to try out medicines that might have side effects or which the patient might not be able to take in due to their condition.
6. Curing Sleep Apnea: Most of us have breathing troubles like sleeping apnea and excessive snoring that mainly happens due to breathing problems. Physiotherapy can help to widen the channels and help in better sleep by relaxing the body as a whole. For similar reasons, it is very helpful for curing asthma as well.
7. Treatment of pelvic floor disorders: This disorder is especially common in women who have had to undergo abdominal surgery, to hysterectomy or even after giving birth. And as a result there are bowel and urinary inconsistencies that can be very disconcerting. Physiotherapy can help with long-term benefits in all these areas.
8. Relief from Bone Ailments: Not only the elderly, but also the young adults tend to suffer from arthritis, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid and other conditions that resemble hyperthyroidism. Lack of adequate movement and long hours in front of the computers are to be blamed for it but physiotherapy can help with getting lasting solutions.
9. Treatment for Accidental injury: Injuries caused by accidents need extreme care, because the effects of an internal injury or a misplaced bone might have lasting repercussions. However, with the right physiotherapist, most of the problems can be resolved and with better results, allowing extra movement and flexibility is a much less duration.
10. Rehabilitation: Physiotherapy is a part of most rehabilitation programs simply because it takes a far more holistic approach to healing than any other form of treatment, making the results truly fruitful, without any side effects and without having to incur expenditure for expensive medicines.
There are lot of Physiotherapy clinics everywhere, which are committed towards making the recovery process smoother for their patients and clients. WeCare Physiotherapy is the new destination for those looking forward to getting a fit body and enhanced mobility with affordable rates and positive results. With fully certified physiotherapists and access to the best infrastructure, there are provisions for Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Pilates and Reflexology. There is also a Shoulder Clinic and Sports Injury Clinic. All of this contributes to an all-round and holistic approach to treating pain and other bone and muscles problems, with specialized advice from the therapists. Give us a call to meet our friendly clinicians in Sittingbourne & Sheerness, tell your requirements and let us help you heal your pain.
If you suffered an injury and want quick recovery, we suggest that you check out physical therapy. A good physical therapist will help you get your wellness back. They will help you choose the right therapies so you can get recovered as soon as possible. The exercises are designed to solve problems that you may be suffering from. After the therapy, your range of motion and flexibility will get better. Aside from this, physical therapy will help you to reduce pain and inflammation. Given below are 8 benefits of physical therapy.
After an injury, pain is what you suffer from. If the injury was severe, the pain may also be severe. For pain reduction, your therapist may recommend manual therapy techniques and therapeutic exercises to help you get rid of joint and muscle pain. Aside from this, the therapy will also help you prevent the pain from coming back.
After an injury, if you became bed-ridden, it may be hard for you to maintain your balance while walking. Physical therapy can help you regain your balance so you can prevent falls. Apart from this, the exercises will enable you to boost your coordination.
After an injury, the doctors will decide if you need surgery. Since surgery involves complex procedures, you may want to avoid it if possible. Physical therapy reduces pain. As a result, you don’t have to opt for surgery. Even if you have to get surgery, the therapy will help you get stronger for the procedure. Afterwards, you will be able to recover faster.
Another benefit that you can enjoy is stretching and strengthening of your muscle. No matter what type of daily activities you perform, physical therapy will help you improve your motion. As a result, you can perform better.
Slowing the Aging process
When you are young, your body has a better ability to fight with diseases and infections. But as you get older, you are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis or arthritis. With the help of a physiotherapist, you can manage these conditions more easily.
Recovery from a stroke
A stroke will make you lose your range of motion. The reason is that it weakens certain part of your body. On the other hand, if you work with a physical therapist, you will be able to move around your house more easily. You won’t have to rely on others to get out of bed and go to the washroom. You will be able to perform these functions on your own.
Recovery from injury
The professional will customize the treatment to treat your specific problems. As they say, not the same treatment can be given to every patient. So, you will be suggested exercises that will be suitable for you.
Prevention of Falls
Prevention of falls is the biggest benefit of physical therapy. Since the exercises will help you maintain your balance, you will be able to walk properly, which will prevent falls throughout your recovery period.
So, if you have been looking to recover fast after an injury, we suggest that you hire a good physical therapist.